Caring for Your New Tattoo
Tattoos: the Seven-Step Plan
Tattooing involves piercing thousands of tiny holes in the skin at rapid speed. Your skin reacts to this as it would to any other wound, and it takes some time for the body to heal and the tattoo
to set. At this stage, proper care is of the utmost importance to avoid dangerous infections that can ruin your tattoo and cause health problems.
To ensure proper care of your new tattoo, we recommend you follow these seven essential steps:
- Remove the bandage after 15 minutes. you want your tattoo to breathe
- Wash the entire tattoo area gently with warm water and a neutral or antibacterial soap 3 times daily
- Pat the area dry with a clean paper towel
- Apply a thin layer of Aquaphor twice daily, do Not over apply!
- In a few days the tattoo will start to scab, this is normal! Never scratch the skin, pick at scabs or peel at the tattoo!
- Avoid long baths, swimming pools etc. and keep the tattooed area shielded from direct sunlight for at least ten days.
- Always apply high-SPF sunblock to the tattoo area before exposing it to direct sunlight.
If you follow these seven steps, your tattoo should set nicely within roughly two weeks. By the way. Touch ups are free for the firsrt year!